Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine in Hendersonville NC
Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine in Hendersonville NC are ancient systems of healing that center on supporting the body's natural tendency towards wellness using fine needles, herbs, moxibustion, fire cupping, tuina, stone medicine, and gua sha to create balance within the body. Chinese Medicine can treat a broad range of imbalances in the body, including headaches, hormonal imbalances, digestive issues, back pain, musculoskeletal pain, sleep disturbances, and many others.
To prepare for your first acupuncture appointment:
- The first appointment is 1.5 hours. Please allow 2 hours in your schedule to accommodate checking out, etc.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing.
- Bring along a list of supplements or medications you are currently taking; you can also email that to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Drink water, and have something to eat before your session, so that we have resources to work with.
- Arrive 30 minutes early to fill out paperwork; Please feel free to sit in the waiting room and have a glass of water or tea. (You can also request paperwork sent via email ahead of time.)
- If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out via text, phone call or email. I look forward to working with you!
Commonly Asked Questions
- Does acupuncture hurt? The most honest answer is, not usually. The needles are hair thin, incredibly tiny, and often people cannot even feel them being inserted into the skin. Occasionally you may feel a little prick, but it will not last for more than a second.
- How many treatments will I need? This varies from person to person. The longer someone has had an issue going on, more sessions are often needed to see results. Quite often, I see people once a week for 4-8 weeks until symptoms begin to stabilize, and then we begin to lengthen the time between appointments until the issue(s) are resolved. After that, I recommend once a month sessions for prevention and maintenance of wellness.